Flapper's

It's not clear how or when the term Flapper first wound its way into the American vernacular. The expression probably originated in pre war England. According to a 1920's fashion writer, "flapper" initially described the sort of teenage girl whose gawky frame and posture were "supposed to need a certain type of clothing-long, straight lines to cover her awkwardness-and the stores advertised these gowns as "flapper-dresses."

About Me

Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom
I am a mature student,in my final year studying for a BA Hons in Fashion and Textiles. I have two children who give me lots of encouragement. They are both studying, one is currently at home and other living in London, but with whom I speak daily. I have a love of anything from the 1920's and have recently read a book that had the title "Flapper." The author was Joshua Zeitz and I found it to be an entertaining read. This is where I got the idea for the title for my Blog, Girlish Delights in Barrooms.

Wednesday 23 June 2010


"Sophisticated Elegance, Contemporary Twist."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers